High efficiency and high-speed double surface planing.
The Cantek GT610HI Cardan Shaft Drive Double Surface Planer is capable of speeds up to 98 feet per minute and its robust cast-iron body & industrial cardan drive system ensure high production planing day in and day out. The large diameter cutterheads are spiral type with two-sided solid carbide inserts which produce a clean finish with superior stock removal capacity. The spring loaded feed system passes the material over the bottom head allowing it to act like a jointer to flatten the board prior and then a sectional infeed roller feeds the material through the top head for accurate dimensioning.
Why Cantek GT610HI Cardan Shaft Drive Double Surface Planer?
- Powerful 40HP top head motor and 30HP bottom head motor for maximum stock removal
- Full cardan shaft feed system allowing for faster feed speeds up to 98 FPM
- Planing capacity up to 24” wide and 8” thick
- Pin type carpet feed system passes the material over the bottom head to ensure a flat surface
- (7) bed rollers including (3) driven rolls for superior feed speeds
- Spiral insert knife cutterheads with 6 rows of two-sided 30x12x2.5mm solid carbide insert knives provide superior stock removal, reduced machine load and noise, and optimum finish quality
- Cast iron machine frame for superior vibration damping resulting in a long machine & bearing life
- Chrome-plated tables and top and bottom for maximum wear resistance
- Cutterheads are mounted in precision ABEC 7 RHP bearings
- Feed system uses a spring-loaded pin arrangement to pass material over the bottom jointing head.
- Sectional serrated infeed roll before the top cutterhead
- Variable feed speed by frequency inverter (VFD) with digital display for the feed speed
- Digital thickness control for quickly and precisely setting the desired thickness
- Upper assembly is adjusted for desired thickness by four large diameter cylindrical posts
- Adjustable infeed bed by easily accessible handwheel to set desired stock removal on the bottom head
- Easy to access swivel control panel with individual ammeters for load monitoring and hour meter to aid in maintenance planning
- Cutterhead starters are Y-Delta providing soft start to the heads for reduced power consumption on startup
- Automatic lubrication to the conveyor feed system
- High quality Schneider electrical components to CSA/UL standard