High speed production double surface planer for the most demanding planning applications.
The Cantek GT-HD Series Extra Heavy Duty Double Surface Planers are suitable for the most demanding planing applications. The HD series are capable of high feed speeds with maximum stock removal capabilities. They feature a robust cast-iron body & industrial cardan drive system ensure high production planing day in and day out. The large diameter cutterheads are spiral type with two-sided solid carbide inserts which produce a clean finish with superior stock removal capacity. The spring loaded feed system passes the material over the bottom head allowing it to act like a jointer to flatten the board prior and then a sectional infeed roller feeds the material through the top head for accurate dimensioning.
Why Cantek GT-HD Series Extra Heavy Duty Double Surface Planers?
- Heavy-duty cardan shaft drive for the highest durability and increased feed speeds
- Available in 24”, 32”, 39”, and 52” wide models
- Solid cast-iron construction greatly reduces vibration resulting in improved output quality and machine durability
- Cast iron bed is precision machined and chrome plated to ensure longevity and precision
- Pin type carpet feed system passes the material over the bottom head to ensure a flat surface
- Spiral insert knife cutterheads with 8 rows of two-sided 30x12x2.5mm solid carbide insert knives provide superior stock removal, reduced machine load and noise, and optimum finish quality
- Additional idle and driven table rolls ensure consistent feeding of the workpiece
- Adjustable infeed bed by easily accessible handwheel to set desired stock removal on the bottom head
- Easy to access control panel with individual ammeters for load monitoring and hour meter to aid in maintenance planning
- Cutterheads are mounted in precision NSK class-7 ball bearings & precision housings
- Cutterhead starters are Y-Delta providing soft start to the heads for reduced power consumption on motor start-up
- Sectional serrated infeed roll before the top cutterhead
- Variable feed speed by frequency inverter (VFD) with digital display for the feed speed
- Digital thickness control for quickly and precisely setting the desired thickness with accuracy of +/- 0.002” (0.05mm)
- Upper assembly is adjusted for desired thickness by four large diameter cylindrical posts
- Automatic lubrication to the conveyor feed system
- High quality Schneider electrical components to CSA/UL standard